Top tips for water conservation in the home – Systemlink TechnologiesAfter a summer of drought and water restrictions across Ireland, it’s as important as ever to make sure you are doing the most you can to conserve water in the home. With water usage being so critical in Ireland we asked Systemlink Technologies for their top tips for smart water usage.Systemlink Technologies have new revolutionary Krib smart hot water and heating control product which can save up to 50% on hot water & heating bills depending on the household make up. It’s the first time you can order hot water by volume rather than by time. The Krib comes with a touchscreen and a free to use app which allows for remote control of hot water and heating needs.
Smart Water Usage Top Tips
- Stop running the tap when you brush your teeth, wash or shave. This will save as much as 20 litres of water a time – if there are four people in the house and you all brush your teeth twice a day you will save almost 200 litres every day.
- Time your showers and stick to it, or use the Krib to order the exact amount of litres you want to use for your shower, typically this is around 30L out of your 200L hot water cylinder.
- Only fill the kettle with the exact amount of cups for tea/coffee needed. Use the Krib to do the same with your hot water cylinder and hot water usage.
- For the hose pipe ban you can pop a bucket in with you in the shower to collect water, you can use this to water your flowers/garden.
- Keep a jug of water in the fridge so you don’t have to run a tap to make your drinking water cool enough.
- A bath can be anything from double the amount of water used in a shower, so every so often opt for a shower instead of a bath.
- Use a basin or a plug stop in the kitchen. You will use less water when washing dishes or vegetables.
- Importantly, make sure to fix any leaks and drips you find around the house as soon as possible.
- Only use the washing machine and dishwasher for full loads.
Interested in taking control of your water usage?
Systemlink Technologies will have their new revolutionary Krib smart hot water and heating control product, which could save you up to 50% on hot water & heating bills. With water usage being so critical in Ireland over the past few months, be sure you visit the Systemlink Technologies Ltd stand, R38. You can even be in with a chance of winning a brand new tablet!
Posted in: Blog